Energetics HQ MD, 7075 Samuel Morse Dr, Columbia, Maryland, Estados Unidos de América Sol. nº 82
lunes, 2 de noviembre de 2020
Energetics is a leading U.S. energy and management consultancy, with over 40 years of experience working with government and commercial clients to solve complex energy and technology challenges from inception to deployment and beyond. Our services include strategic planning and technology roadmap development, energy analysis and modeling, strategic outreach and communication, metrics and program evaluation, market and technology impact assessment, and program management for technology deployment. We apply these services across multiple areas of clean energy, including energy efficiency and energy management, manufacturing technologies, renewable energy and hydrogen/fuel cells, advanced transportation, climate resilience and sustainability, critical infrastructure resilience, and grid modernization. Established in 1979, Energetics is headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, with offices in Maryland, Washington DC, New York, California, Washington State, and Dubai (UAE).
We provide technical support to multiple offices at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), including the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, Office of Fossil Energy, and the Energy Information Administration. Energetics also works with many other government and private sector clients in the U.S., including the National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, the California Energy Commission, major U.S. utilities, national laboratories, trade associations, universities, and commercial manufacturers.
We are seeking a Consultant/Engineer position for immediate full-time employment in our Columbia, MD, office. This is an exciting opportunity in the clean energy and research consulting field, supporting Energetics clients’ clean energy research and development programs. Qualified candidates will be graduates in an engineering or scientific field of interest, as noted below under requirements. Work tasks will primarily be related to the support of government research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) programs in the areas of advanced manufacturing and buildings, as well as strategic energy management for our government and commercial sector clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The Consultant/Engineer will be responsible for supporting government research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) programs in the areas of advanced manufacturing and buildings, as well as strategic energy management for our government and commercial sector clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support execution of U.S. government clean energy RD&D programs, especially for building technologies and advanced manufacturing technologies
- Performing market and technology assessments; conducting technical, energy, environmental, and economic benefits analyses
- Collecting, developing, analyzing and managing data and models related to energy technologies and trends
- Collecting and analyzing technology R&D project and program information
- Developing/contributing to technical communications (reports, white papers, fact sheets, research summaries, briefings)
- Preparing, reviewing, and analyzing technical reports and assessments
- Conducting internet and literature research
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, integrated science and technology, or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience or a Master’s degree in engineering, science, integrated science and technology, or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced analytical and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- High level of self-motivation and interest in working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel working on self-managed tasks
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Multitasking on time-sensitive tasks without diminished quality of work
- Strong interest and experience working in the clean energy field
- Attention to detail and meeting responsibilities
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, integrated science and technology, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in energy analysis or consulting
- Familiarity and experience with building technologies and/or advanced manufacturing technologies
Energetics is a division of Akimeka LLC, and part of VSE Corporation (NASDAQ: VSEC). Our clients have full access to the resources and worldwide reach of the firms that operate under the VSE umbrella. More information on Energetics can be found at www.energetics.com
*The selected applicant will have to undergo background and drug screening.
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Función del puesto Engineer
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Energetics HQ MD, 7075 Samuel Morse Dr, Columbia, Maryland, Estados Unidos de América