Reading Truck Group - Plant Superintendent- 2nd Shift
JOB TITLE: PLANT SUPERINTENDENT
COMPANY: THE READING TRUCK GROUP
LOCATION: CLAREMORE, OK
The Plant Superintendent on 2nd Shift oversees and directs production through all departments: Weld, Fabrication, Paint and Prep, and Final Assembly. The role drives continuous improvement to meet customer expectations in a primarily make- to-stock environment.
We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium truck bodies with commercial upfit for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
- Manage and direct all operations activities to build and ship standard body orders
- Work with other organizational leaders to ensure other related functions provide the necessary support to generate success
- Track operational and financial metrics to ensure design and production processes achieve established goals
- Ensure company-wide programs, initiatives, policies and procedures are implemented and maintained and that required expectations are met
- Engage, train and coach employees on required skills to be successful in meeting customer and financial goals
- Complete employee reviews, development plans, coaching sessions, etc. in an effective and timely manner to continue to raise the performance of individuals in the StandardValue Stream
- Create a culture of engaged employees focused on improving and growing the business
- Drive continuous improvement efforts (specifically LEAN) to achieve Quality, Delivery, Lead time and Cost goals in all departments
- Create and sustain a visual workplace to include but not limited to: team improvement boards, value stream board, day by hour and scheduling boards
- Always be working to a future state to include process, material and information flows
- Model the use of Leader Standard Work (LSW) and ensure the implementation of LSW throughout the Standard Value Stream
- Maintain a safe and environmentally sound work environment
- Ensure all regulations, laws, and policies are followed
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Business,) is preferred but not required
- Five or more years of related job experience is required, preferably in the truck equipment or upfit industry.
- Experience implementing LEAN principles in a manufacturing environment
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with reading and interpreting engineering specifications and drawings
- Strong process improvement skills are required, specifically Lean tools.
Supervisory responsibilities: None or define team
- Work occurs in a medium-sized production facility – must be comfortable working in a production environment with varied temperatures
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
Travel: Minimal- travel by car or airplane may be required
The Reading Group, LLC (TRG) does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Grupo de puestos Reading Truck Group
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Claremore, Oklahoma, EE. UU.