About the Role:
Custom Glass Solutions is seeking a talented individual to join our Procurement Team! The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for general purchasing activities related to supplying material in efforts to support our operations staff. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who possess the ability to relate to employees at all levels. The Purchasing Specialist will work directly with the CGS launch team, as well as, collaborate with suppliers to assess product suitability, price and delivery. As unique situations present themselves the successful candidate must be sensitive to customer needs, corporate goals and company reputation. The selected candidate will interface with all departments at our Upper Sandusky, OH; Fostoria, OH and Traumbaursville, PA locations.
- Can you manage development timing, tool schedules, OTD and sample approvals for 30+ suppliers?
- Will you manage core supplier sourcing, along with request for quotes (RFQ’s) pertaining to direct material components that support plant operations?
- Will you ensure that all purchasing activities are managed within budget, all while maintaining the highest level of ethics?
- Are you comfortable tracking inventory levels in order to maintain continuous supply of needed material, as well as preform cycle counts to ensure quantity of supplies?
- Will you follow up with supplier quality concerns in a timely manner and work to resolve any discrepancies?
- Will you strive to maintain a high-quality product, all while driving the cost of material down?
You will succeed in this position if you:
- Posses a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology, Technical Engineering, Sales, or related field with 2-3 years’ work experience.
- Acquire the ability to read 3-D blueprints.
- Demonstrate sound communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Display commitment to professional and ethical standards including sound judgement and strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to proactively execute multiple projects, while staying organized and committed to deadlines.
- Shows initiative, self-motivated attitude and continuous improvement principles.
- Proficient with ERP system and Microsoft Excel.
About the Team:
At Custom Glass Solutions, the Purchasing Specialist provides professional, knowledgeable, efficient and honest service, all while being respectful and building strong internal and external customer relationships. This team strives to support CGS operations by keeping accurate inventory levels of needed supplies, execute timely cycle counts and minimize dead stock and scrap. Our goal is to deliver a high-quality glass product by collaborating with suppliers, all while working with our internal Launch team to meet customer demands. Each day our team goes above and beyond to carry out the Core Elements of our business: Safety First, Do the Right Thing, Wow the Customer, Relationships Matter, and a Can- Do Attitude!
About the Company:
Custom Glass Solutions is one of the world's premier manufacturers of large format laminated glass products, with three Ohio locations (Worthington, Upper Sandusky, and Fostoria) and one Pennsylvania location (Trumbauersville). Our mission is to be the preferred provider of high-quality glass products, services and solutions. We deliver superior results by providing meaningful work for our employees, developing opportunities with our suppliers and cultivating strong partnerships with our customers.
What You Will Enjoy!
We have an exceptionally talented workforce that we value above all else. We are fully invested in our employees and provide them with hands-on training, compensation that is based upon individual contribution, unlimited career growth opportunities, and the motivation to be and do more. We take great pride in a workplace culture where our employees have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary. We are also very proud of a management structure that is designed to avoid bureaucratic nonsense and allows our entrepreneurial-minded employees to flourish.
As part of our total compensation philosophy, CGS offers a competitive base salary, bonuses and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vision, prescription coverage, STD & optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and future opportunities for advancement.
Custom Glass Solutions, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Upper Sandusky, Ohio 43351, EE. UU.