Advantages to Joining our team:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Paid time off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- We pride ourselves on providing our team members with the latest equipment and the highest commitment to safety.
- Develop and grow the office into a recognized regional player in the Environmental Services industry
- Manage day-to-day operations of the assigned service office to ensure quality and budget performance
- Monitor budget, operating expenses and established KPIs and make adjustments to processes and procedures to achieve desired performance
- Direct the operation in safety, compliance, optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, efficient labor and material costs
- Prepare and participate in regular P&L reviews to ensure that the operation is achieving budgeted and profitable growth
- Oversee personnel, including selecting, coaching, disciplining, training and evaluating team member performance
- Be available after normal office hours and weekends for emergency response situations
- Review project paperwork, timecards, drivers’ logs and invoices including, monitoring hours worked to maintain compliance with company and DOT policies
- 5 years relative operations experience (or combination of education and experience)
- 2+ years of equivalent managerial experience in the environmental industry
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Services, Engineering or Business
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Local and regional travel with periodic corporate events requiring travel by air
- Expert working knowledge of the environmental industry best practices and associated government regulatory procedures
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills to build relationships with clients and direct reports
- This position is required to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions
- Must be able to work outdoors in various climates for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Should have the ability to use basic hand tools
- Our Operations Managers are “in field” leaders. You will be working outdoors and must be able jump in and help team members lift and move a minimum of 40 pounds. As is the nature of the environmental business, you will frequently be required to wear PPE, including respirators and protective clothing
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
EnviroServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Pay Type Salary
- Des Moines, IA, USA