Mechanics come to EnviroServe for the competitive compensation package, variety of work, and our focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on emergency response, environmental remediation and waste management solutions for customers across the United States. To this day, we understand and respect our Mechanics as hard-working individuals who are the lifeblood of what we do. Our Team Members pride themselves on being where they are needed, when they are needed. You’ll find a great home at EnviroServe!
The mechanic will primarily work with their team to repair and maintain tractors and trailers.
*We will be accepting applications until 1/19/2021, after this date we will be reaching out for interviews*
The benefits you receive when working with EnviroServe:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- When available, overtime (more than 40 hours in a week) pays 1.5x wage
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Perform heavy and minor repairs on all trucks and trailers
- Maintain shop cleanliness and parts inventory
- Utilize computer based diagnostic systems, skills, knowledge and experience to determine what repairs need to be done and whether it’s a warrantee issue
- Occasional tire work
- Implement a thorough preventative
- maintenance program for a fleet of tractors and trailers (crude and flatbed)
- including: fueling, greasing, changing oil and other fluids and inspecting trucks for needed repairs
- Accurately record work performed in the
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Follow proper safety rules, maintenance and operating procedures
- Assist with writing and revising maintenance procedures as needed
- 2 to 3 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience a plus.
- Experience with a variety of trucks a plus
- Experience with crude trailers a plus
- Confidence in repairing suspensions, rear ends, transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.) and more
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Class A CDL a plus, but not required
- Has an invested interest in operational safety
- Be able to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Prepared to help with anything requiring attention
- Environmental awareness
- Able to lift 100 lbs
- Knowledge and experience using a CMMS is helpful
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
- Self-starter capable of working independently, in line with company goals, strategies and policies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
- Ability to diagnose, problem solve and execute plans
- A strong record of continuous improvement, personal development and attention to detail
- The chosen candidate will have a value system that will embrace our culture
- Willing to live and/or relocate to the western North Dakota area
- Will be on your feet for extended period of time throughout the day
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- The work site is an industrial setting and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
EnviroServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA