Supervisors come to EnviroServe for the competitive compensation package, variety of work, and our focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture. Our company was founded on emergency response, environmental remediation and waste management solutions for customers across the United States. To this day, we understand and respect our Drivers as hard-working individuals who are the lifeblood of what we do. Our Team Members pride themselves on being where they are needed, when they are needed. You’ll find a great home at EnviroServe!
The benefits you receive when working with EnviroServe:
- Competitive pay and aggressive bonus structure
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Profit sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Paid time off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- A company committed to safety
- Opportunity for growth
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Major Purpose: Supervisors are on-site leaders that are responsible for the execution and supervision of fieldwork. Supervisors are the main point of contact with customers while on projects.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Understand and communicate the project scope and plan to team members; work with Project Managers and Operations Coordinators to assess asset needs to ensure project is completed in a timely manner.
- Continually assesses site conditions and activities and reports changes or concerns to the project coordinator, Project Manager and or customer; ensure that operations are safe and legal
- Complete project-related paperwork and or data entry by established deadlines
- Embrace the Savage culture; create an environment for growth and development of team members
- Train new team members; lead by example with regard to safety, operational rules and regulations; utilize SHAPS and JHAs; correct unsafe work practices; use small hand-tools, squeegees, shovels and brooms as well as wipes, absorbent boom and pads to contain and remediate impacted soils and waters.
- Direct daily toolbox safety meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be flexible to changes in the work schedule/extended workdays and be available to respond on short notice; willing to travel out of town for overnight projects on short notice.
- Must exude a strong personal and professional integrity and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- 3-5 years relative field experience (or combination of education and experience)
- 1 year of equivalent supervisory experience in the environmental industry
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification (with current 8-hr Refresher)
Employees will be required to work outdoors. Driving conditions may be less than ideal. Anticipate off-pavement driving especially with tankers and roll off trucks. Employees can be exposed to adverse conditions (including but not limited to rain and muddy conditions, rocky soils, snow and ice, extreme temperatures). Employees are frequently required to wear PPE, such as respirators and protective clothing.
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
EnviroServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Hourly
- Winfield, PA, USA