part of the transformation at MVP Health Care®. MVP Health Care is a
nationally-recognized, regional not-for-profit health insurer. We care for
more than 700,000 members across New York and Vermont and are powered by the
ideas and energy of more than 1,700 employees. We employ talented
people with diverse backgrounds and experience—tech people, numbers
people, even people people—to
make health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. If
you’re ready to join a thriving, mission-driven company where you can create
your own opportunities—it’s time to make a healthy career move to MVP.
The Informatics Analyst will work on standard and adhoc analysis in support of key corporate initiatives for MVP’s Quality Improvement team, with the goal of providing tools for strategic decisions and recommendations for change. Activities will include performing analyses on cost, utilization, quality and population health metrics; consulting with internal stakeholders on business needs; acquiring and assembling new data; developing new metrics and measures, and conducting research on methodologies, outcomes, performance, and policy. The Informatics Analyst will also be responsible for designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative program evaluations to measure the impact of quality improvement interventions and support the development of analytical solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Collaborate with the teams across the organization to design, monitor and track the tools and evaluate the effectiveness for quality incentive campaign.
• Perform analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs.
• Leverage analytical knowledge to drive the development of analytical solutions and implement data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
• Work closely with customers in determining analytic needs and present and interpret outcomes of statistical analyses to customers.
• Develop and interpret sophisticated data products (visualizations, insights, etc.) for business users.
• Perform data extraction, aggregation, and quality checking from multiple sources and tables in the support of trend identification, root cause analysis, program evaluation, population identification, quality improvement, and validation/measurement of medical expense reduction initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math or related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred with a quantitative (i.e. actuarial, statistics, economics, engineering, computer, science, applied math, etc.) or healthcare major (i.e. health administration, public health, medicine, etc.).
Minimum 2 years of experience developing database driven projects using T-SQL, SAS, Python or R. 2 to 5 years of experience working with healthcare data preferred.
• SQL, R, Python, Microsoft Excel/Access (advanced) or other programming language required; foundational understanding of relational database concepts and/or multi-dimensional models.
• Knowledge of health plan-specific datasets (i.e. claims, eligibility, etc.) reporting /analytic uses (i.e. cost and utilization reporting, disease management, etc.) and terminology (i.e. PMPM, and per 1000 measures, diagnosis/procedure codes, episode groupers, risk adjustment, etc.) strongly preferred.
• Ability to handle and manipulate large complex healthcare related datasets.
• Superior problem solving, analytic skills and an ability to analyze large volumes of data and identify trends and anomalies.
• Experienced in Microsoft Excel, Word and proficient in other MS Office tools such as PowerPoint and Power BI.
• Ability to work independently, as well as work effectively as a member of a team.
• Professionally skilled in personal presentation, verbal, and written communication.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments with attention to details and deadlines in a high volume environment.
• Proven ability to build relationships with business and technical partners to improve customer service and continuously improve project delivery.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, and able to work well under pressure.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Experience with claims processing systems, specifically, the FACETS operating system
• Experience with Power BI
• Experience with
• Health insurance or industry related experience
• Medical Terminology knowledge
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.