Associate, Care Center Representative Medicaid
Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America Req #633
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Be a part of the transformation at MVP Health Care®. MVP Health Care is a nationally-recognized, regional not-for-profit health insurer. We care for more than 700,000 members across New York and Vermont and are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 employees. We employ talented people with diverse backgrounds and experience to make health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. The question we ask many times each day is: “how can we help you?”, which speaks to a philosophy that sets us apart as a health insurance company. The customer care staff who work with our members and health care providers make a positive difference in peoples’ lives. If you’re ready to join a thriving, mission-driven company where you can create your own opportunities—it’s time to make a healthy career move to MVP.
Provides optimum customer service as required to maintain existing members and prevent cancellations. The Care Center Representative must take full responsibility for every call to ensure callers concerns are met. Provides world class customer care to internal and external customers while consistently adhering to all call handling objectives, i.e. hold time, talk time, after call work, schedule adhere and quality assurance.
• Correctly responds to all Department of Health audit calls on a consistent basis.
• Acts as a liaison between our internal and external customers.
• Responds promptly, accurately and effectively to all calls in a polite and professional manner.
• Responds to all calls timely and have a clear understanding of call avoidance, such as but not limited to: short calls, intentional disconnects, inappropriate transfers and inappropriate use of hold button.
• Performs data input in a highly accurate and timely manner on all customer contacts. Simultaneously accesses multiple databases while addressing customer’s needs.
• Researches information needed to accurately respond to customers concerns. Asks appropriate questions to ensure a clear understanding of customers concern.
• Clearly explains all policies and procedures on both incoming and out-going calls. On an ongoing basis, educates members about their benefits and MVP’s procedures.
• Develops a comprehensive understanding of all lines of business. Has the technical skills required to be able to perform task efficiently.
• Delivers information in a clear and confident manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent when possesses customer service employment experience.
• Post high school education (Associates degree, college courses) preferred
• Minimum 1 – 3 years customer service experience and/or relevant office experience required
• Experience in positions where adherence to strict confidentiality is required
• Healthcare, health insurance experience preferred Call Center experience preferred
• Strong problem-solving skills with effective oral and written communication skills.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and exhibit good judgment.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including superior accountability and follow through
• Demonstrated PC skills using Microsoft applications
• Bilingual (Spanish speaking) excellent telephone/communication skills
• Must be able to work both remotely and in-office as scheduled.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Customer Service
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America