Project Development Manager- MISO/PJM
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
EDFR is looking for a candidate to develop a portfolio of projects in the PJM and MISO markets. The North Development Region has doubled its pipeline of projects with a recent acquisition and is seeking the right candidate who can transact and bring these projects through to construction while also helping to meet our long term goals to continue to grow the portfolio of renewable grid-scale projects. EDFR is fully aware of the risks of the COVID-19 virus and offer this position to be virtual from locations where when safe to travel can be at a project site in a day’s travel.
Scope of Job:
The Project Development Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of development projects, from the origination phase, construction and commissioning through hand over to EDF Renewables Asset Management. This position is also responsible for managing development budgets, permitting, assist in developing competitive off-take pricing, off-take marketing, competitive analysis and internal communications for the portfolio of projects assigned to this position. This includes managing current project-related contracts and forecasting and scoping future needs of pre-capitalized and capitalized renewable energy projects.
- Work with regional team to design and implement land acquisition campaigns, including identification of landowners within prospective sites, initiating contact with landowners, meeting with individual landowners to articulate the benefits of company’s value proposition and negotiating contracts with landowners and/or landowner attorneys for participation in proposed renewable energy projects.
- Coordinate real estate due diligence, review materials and provide risk assessment for acquisition opportunities.
- Conduct Stakeholder meetings and presentations and maintain relationship with Stakeholders throughout the land acquisition and development process
- Overall manage the development of a portfolio of projects: budgeting and finances, project timing and planning, risks assessment and management, legal balance and exposure of the projects.
- Obtain internal approvals to develop renewable energy projects, including drafting or facilitating investment memos, projections and capitalization processes. Effectively elevate issues to Directors / Regional VP as necessary.
- Oversight of local, state and/or federal environmental permitting processes. Utilization of support groups to identify construction-related issues, prior to obtaining a CUP. Responsible for securing internal approval for pre-construction analyses required for local permits, including but not limited to Encroachment, Grading, Foundation, and Building Permits that are needed prior to turning over the project to the construction team.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain strategic relationships with all the project’s partners, including but not limited to power purchaser, utilities, landowners, permitting authorities etc.
- Provide perspective on market trends and policy research and analysis of energy technologies and markets to quantify market potential and cultivate new development opportunities.
- Act as a Development Department resource and role model within EDF Renewables in creating problem-solving methods for permitting, interconnection, landowner, community and media relations and interconnect issues.
- Effectively elevate issues to Directors / Regional VP as necessary.
5% - Other duties as assigned
Supervision of Others:
0 to 2
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline required and a minimum of 8 years of related experience. MBA or related Masters’ degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years’ experience handling project management energy related projects, permitting or real estate experience.
Education/Experience – Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline. MBA or related Masters’ degree preferred
- Demonstrate they have successfully independently managed contract negotiations.
- Demonstrate a thorough awareness of potential project development issues and ability to elevate issues to Directors / RVP in a timely, solutions-oriented way.
- Demonstrate successful project financing experience
- Able to successfully work and communicate with members of Sr. Management, peers, subordinates, and unaffiliated third parties.
Approximately 50% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project, MS Access, etc.), telephones and general office equipment. Approximately Up to 50% of the time is spent in the field meeting with project stakeholders, leading permitting activities, leading pre-capitalized project implementation, capitalized project implementation/ development as well as managing the assessment and pursuit of new business opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary