Are you looking for a different and rewarding opportunity this summer that will not only be fun, but also kick-start your career in the insurance industry? We are seeking ambitious, highly motivated students that are interested in joining Central’s AMD Claims Team.
Our internship program provides qualified students an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand experience while receiving valuable on-the-job training. We have just the right balance of training, mentoring and development you need to succeed while learning more about the property & casualty insurance industry.
What will I do?
- Complete intern training program and pass assigned insurance courses related to program
- Process assigned tasks and projects that will include providing prompt, professional service to insureds and claimants, handling, investigating, evaluating, negotiating and settling an assigned volume of claims
- Work independently on projects and present project results
- As assigned, travel with experienced Central Claims personnel to area insurance agencies and businesses
What qualifications and experience will I have?
- Possess a positive, professional, cooperative, and quality-conscious service attitude that upholds Central's core values of integrity, relationships, and excellence
- Ability to investigate and gather facts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- An articulate self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of Office 365 tool
- High school and college grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Interest in insurance claims related careers and must be pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Ability to work during summer break, 8AM to 4:30 PM Monday thru Friday and potentially part-time during the school year
- College major relevant for a position in the insurance industry such as: Business Management, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology or other related majors
The values that Central lives by are Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence. Do you…
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Treat others with respect
- Care, because it matters
- Listen and respond
- Never compromise on quality
- Commit to learning and development
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA