Tax and Treasury Manager
The Tax and Treasury Manager will join the Central’s Corporate Accounting group as a key member of the leadership team and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the company’s tax and treasury functions. This role includes responsibilities for tax compliance, financial reporting, and tax planning/strategies. This role will also be responsible for managing the company’s daily cash position, assisting in all aspects of cash management strategy and banking relationships.
- Provide vision and leadership for the tax and treasury functions, working with accounting/finance partners to develop and implement best practices.
- Provide oversight and management of all tax functions, including the preparation and filing of all returns, for Central and its insurance and non-insurance subsidiaries, including:
- Federal, state, and local taxes
- Premium taxes
- Sales & use taxes
- Miscellaneous other taxes (e.g. personal property) and other regulatory requirements as applicable
- Partner with accounting/finance and others across the business to deliver tax insight, guidance, strategy, and identify tax planning opportunities.
- Evaluate legal, tax, and structure implications of new ventures, acquisitions, and other corporate initiatives.
- Research and respond to requests or inquiries from tax authorities, regulators, external auditors, and other business partners.
- Ensure compliance with tax reporting requirements and disclosures.
- Oversee the design and implementation of internal controls over tax and treasury processes in compliance with the Model Audit Rule.
- Develop treasury policy and procedure improvement strategies, including optimization of bank fees and cash flow strategy.
- Oversee transactional cash management with key accounts receivable, payroll, and other collection and disbursement processes.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with third-party tax services/providers, banking partners, and external auditors for tax and treasury processes.
- Lead and develop others by building skills through coaching, mentoring, and ongoing training & development.
- Assist with other special projects, as needed. Special projects may include assistance with monthly, quarterly and year-end close procedures, system implementations, and/or documentation and process improvement efforts.
- Maintain 40 hours of continuing education per year.
- Results Orientation – Works together to achieve or exceed goals, improving and transforming departmental practices/procedures and performance.
- Strategic Orientation – Understands immediate issues and defines goals/plans within larger department and corporate strategy.
- Collaboration and Influence – Demonstrates a positive attitude. Actively engages with colleagues within the team, department, and company. Motivates others to work and establishes a cross-group collaborative culture.
- Team Leadership – Directs and explains team work, what to do and why. Gets input from the team and inspires team commitment. Empowers the team to work independently. Builds a positive, high-performance team culture.
- Developing Organizational Capabilities – Supports and develops team members’ growth and the team’s capabilities, aiding development outside the team.
- Change Leadership – Recognizes and embraces a culture of change. Makes compelling case for change and empowers others to initiate change. Drives momentum for change.
- Market Understanding – Understands the context in which the insurance business operates. Demonstrates commitment to develop, share, and advance industry knowledge.
- Inclusiveness – Accepts and understands different and diverse views. Effectively functions well and facilitates engagement between diverse groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience of tax/treasury/accounting leadership experience. Experience with a Big 4 or regional accounting firm or in the insurance industry preferred.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills to effectively interact with key stakeholders throughout the organization and with auditors, examiners, and analysts.
- Significant experience in leading a team to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and capitalize on continuous improvement ideas.
- Ability to develop team members and turn talent into performance.
- Forward thinker who proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage/coordinate multiple priorities.
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Treat others with respect
- Care, because it matters
- Listen and respond
- Never compromise on quality
- Commit to learning and development
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA