As a Risk Analyst you will combine your industry knowledge and analytical skills to focus on enhancing risk and capital management capabilities to support business objectives and the financial strength of the company. By providing our management team with key insights into their risk profile, this influential position will tell a strategic story that steers our company’s success. This will include:
- Collaborate with business units to implement strategic catastrophe management. Leverage capital model to support the integration of a capital budget to manage our spread of risk.
- Provide analyses and monitoring of key metrics for the underwriting portfolio, including the spread of risk and exposure concentration, contributing directly to strategic Financial Risk Management.
- Provide exposure-at-risk analyses in catastrophe events. Perform data audits for catastrophe modeling and reinsurance data. Effectively work with internal resources and reinsurance intermediary to leverage tools and ensure quality.
- Support the optimization of our reinsurance program by analyzing reinsurance utilization and supporting the Reinsurance software platform.
- Conduct analyses for support of operational decision-making. Collaborate with Financial Analysts to translate operational analyses into projected financial outcomes. Communicate results and strategic recommendations.
- Provide competitive market intelligence and industry analyses regularly. Research and communicate trends that may affect the organization.
- Support the capital management framework, including solvency assessments, stress testing, and capital budgeting for optimal portfolio growth. Measure, monitor and analyze our risk position across underwriting and investment components.
We are seeking someone with a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business field, such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Actuarial Science, Insurance & Risk Management.
The skills and knowledge preferred include:
- P&C Industry experience, a background in Underwriting, Actuarial or Analytics preferred.
- Comprehension of reinsurance, capital modeling, stress testing, and capital allocation & structure.
- Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends
- Effectively frame a problem and translate qualitative impacts to quantitative
- Analysis of scenarios and potential outcomes, including likelihoods
- Excellent analytical aptitude; judge the reasonability of analysis and data
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- CPCU, ARe, or ARM Designation
Do you live by our values of Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence?
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Do what you say you will do
- Care, because it matters
- Work as a team
- Never compromise on quality
- Pursue continual improvement
- Service first mentality that takes initiative to serve others
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA