Test Automation Specialist
At Central Insurance, we are pioneering the insurtech culture.
As a Test Automation Specialist, you will be working cross-functionally across the best in class engineering organization that has been built and developed in order to ensure the highest class of engineering quality. You will have access to cutting edge technological tools and have a huge opportunity to impact growth at scale.
As a Test Automation Specialist, you will work closely with the architects in developing testing tools and frameworks that will be integrated into their CI/CD pipeline. The ideal candidate will have development and microservices experience and have worked in a Microsoft environment (or ability to learn quickly).
Your responsibilities will include:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios;
Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical
solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Test and certify small and large-scale software changes at every level
• Be our subject matter expert for test and automation around enterprise software, APIs, services and
systems including Salesforce and other cloud SaaS platforms
• Embody our “solutions-driven” values by identifying and implementing testing strategies
• Design and develop test solutions and automation in a cross-functional, agile environment
• Identify, evaluate, and manage the documentation and deliverables required for each projects
testing and automation
• Participate in all deployments
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies,
participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex,
cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the
appropriate depth of test coverage
• Solves complex cross-functional architecture/design and business problems; solutions are
extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box
thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
We are seeking someone with the following experience/skills/knowledge:
• Bachelor's degree; Master’s degree is a plus – Information Technology concentration a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of writing and maintaining test automation scripts for Complex web applications
in an distributed environments
• Deep experience with SDET/QA methodology & software development processes, e.g. Agile and
• Effective communicator who can be the technical spokesperson for his Team/Area in broader
architecture and technology discussion.
• Automation Framework -Experience in Automation Framework Development (TDD (Junit),
BDD(Cucumber), Hybrid, Key Word Driven, Data Driven, Linear (TestNG , API Driven Testing
• Experience in Programming Languages: .NET, Ruby, Java, Spring, Angular
• Experience in API automation and experience in setting up API tests for REST APIs and Web
• Experience in Dockers & Kubernetes across multi-tenant architecture with Basics of Linux.
• Bug remediation and backports to all supported releases.
• 4+ years of hands-on Quality Assurance Engineer experience covering a broad scope of business,
technologies and software development disciplines
• Experience using JIRA & Zephyr or equivalent tools
• Experience in the Data-interchange formats (i.e. JSON, XML, etc.)
• Ability to write Complex SQL Queries
• Experience in E ETL/Data Warehousing tools
• Insurance Background
• Experience in Watir
• TFS Experience
• Experience in AI & Machine Learning
Do you live by our values of Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence?
• Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
• Do what you say you will do
• Care, because it matters
• Work as a team
• Never compromise on quality
• Commit to learning and development
• Service first mentality that takes initiative to serve others
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA