Are you interested in joining an organization that believes one of the best investments they can make is actively developing its employees?
As an Accountant or Senior Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate completion of monthly, quarterly and annual technical accounting responsibilities.
- Documentation of the theories and reasoning for current processes.
- Maintain adequate financial controls for all accounting responsibilities.
- Proper administration of software systems.
- Compliance with statutory accounting guidelines (SSAP's) and state regulatory agencies.
- Research and monitor statutory and regulatory changes.
- Identify & implement
- Complete and distribute accurate and relevant reports and profitability measures.
- Investigate unusual or unexpected data and provide meaningful narrative for report recipients.
- Continual monitoring of current reporting and analysis tools, recommending changes that will provide more meaningful data.
- Foster a team mentality by supporting and mentoring other positions within the Corporate Accounting department.
- Focus on proactive customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Develop strong and meaningful relationships within the Corporate Accounting team, across the organization, and with our corporate partners.
- Demonstrated ability to perform project work and lead a project team.
- Maintain 40 hours of continuing education per year.
We are seeking someone with the following experience/skills/knowledge:
- 3+ years of accounting experience – insurance industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Possess a positive, professional, cooperative, and quality-conscious service attitude that upholds Central's core values of integrity, relationships, and excellence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access and analytics software (i.e. Power BI)
Do you live by our values of Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence?
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Do what you say you will do
- Care, because it matters
- Work as a team
- Never compromise on quality
- Commit to learning and development
- Service first mentality that takes initiative to serve others
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA