The Diesel Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing and repairing any and all tractor or other vehicle operational or safety problems to the very highest standard of workmanship, while working with little or no supervision.
· Must be 18 years of age or older and be available to work all shifts/days of the week to include possible over time.
· Must pass post-employment offer physical and substance abuse screening.
· Must be able to obtain proper certification for the operation of powered industrial equipment within the introductory period.
· Must provide own select hand tools. (Up to 1 ¼ “ socket / ½ “ drive set)
· Class A or B driver’s licenses (CDL) are preferred but not required. (A & B Level Technicians)
· Must have a minimum of 2 years automotive / heavy equipment diesel experience. (A, B, C Level Technicians)
· Must be able to follow verbal or written instructions easily.
· Must have the knowledge of the proper use of power tools.
During my shift I am required to perform job functions / use equipment, such as:
· Diagnostic capabilities, to include examining parts for defects, excessive wear and root cause of problems.
· Lubricate moving parts and confirm they meet OEM and DOT specifications.
· Complete all paperwork, equipment inspection forms, and other documents accurately.
· Work in a team atmosphere and assist other mechanics in proper maintenance and repair procedure techniques and provide training whenever possible.
· Use air-powered equipment.
· Inform the next shift employees of unfinished work.
· Follow all work / safety rules.
· Recondition and replace parts as needed. (A, B, C Level Technicians)
· Weld and cut parts, using arc welding and flame cutting equipment preferred. (A & B Level Technicians)
· Repair and overhaul brake systems (Air Brakes / ABS) in trucks and other automotive vehicles. (A, B, C Level Technicians)
In addition, I will be required to:
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Stand and / or walk on concrete surfaces.
· Carry up to seventy-five (75) pounds, distances of up to eight (8) feet on dry and / or wet surfaces.
· Walk, squat, reach, and bend with up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
· Push and pull items with a resistance of up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
· Climbing to heights of more than 24 inches with the use of a ladder and / or other climbing apparatus.
· Go on road calls and make repairs as necessary.
· Resolve problems over the telephone for drivers who call in from the road.
· Report to my supervisor or lead person all problems that interfere with a safe work environment.
· Freely participate in all aspects of the daily work load, to include fueling, building maintenance, and vehicle transportation.
· Perform other duties as required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sandbank, 224 Sandbank Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America