Membership Fitness Associate
GREAT BRIDGE/HICKORY FAMILY YMCA
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of children in your community. Working at the YMCA you’ll discover more than a job – you will have the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the community.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Membership Fitness Associate will provide exemplary service to members and prospective members; demonstrating good human relation skills, the ability to achieve membership, and program growth goals by using touring and sales techniques and the willingness to help maintain the building and grounds.
*** Saturday shifts available
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Conducts interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sell memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Ensures the Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains the upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Requires a person of maturity and good judgment, who can operate with a minimum of guidance from the Membership/Wellness Director
- Requires ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment, to assess facts and issues, and make non-routine decisions regarding day-to-day operational problems and issues
- Requires effective team-building and team-leadership skills
- Must maintain cooperative, functional relationships with senior leadership team, peers, and subordinates
- Must maintain a positive, energetic attitude toward YMCA work, goals, and values
- Perform the duties of direct reports as needed
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- May be required to walk, stand, kneel, and stoop
- Continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Must be able to lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically able to successfully complete required certifications
Accountable for completion of assigned goals as measured by the number of people served and service satisfaction scores. Become versatile in the roles of both membership associate and wellness floor staff. Regularly achieve measurable standards including, but not limited to:
- Accuracy standards for new member paperwork and data input (email/photos/address confirmation) (M)
- New member enrollment goals in wellness appointment / personal training (M)
- Phone and Tour quality standards (M)
- Re-enrollment and attendance for second wellness appointment (W)
- Conversion of wellness to Personal Training (W)
An offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results to meet minimum requirements of the position. They may include criminal background and reference checks, E-Verify, drug test, driver’s license record, and/or a Child Protective Services Check (CPS). Additional driver’s license check, CPS, criminal background check, alcohol, and/or drug testing may be required to be processed in the future in order to meet and/or maintain the requirements of this position.
The YMCA of SouthHampton Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at YSHR will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. YSHR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive.
- Job Family Membership Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $7.25
- Max Hiring Rate $10.09
- Great Bridge Family YMCA, 633 S Battlefield Blvd, Chesapeake, Virginia, United States of America