SOUTH BOSTON FAMILY YMCA
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Provide exemplary service to members and prospective members, demonstrating good human relation skills and a willingness to help maintain building and grounds.
Help to maintain building, equipment and grounds. May complete duties related to trash pickup, chemical application, aeration, and other related responsibilities.
Six months or more of related experience preferred
Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents
Ability to report and record maintenance requests
Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment
Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment and tools
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use
Have knowledge of basic electricity, plumbing, carpentry and painting
Must be at least 18 years old
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties
- Lift, pull and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back
- Adheres to all policies, guidelines, rules, best practices as outlined by the YMCA of South Hampton Roads or directed by supervisor, including Employee Code of Conduct, Child Abuse Reporting and Prevention, emergency procedures, YMCA COVID sanitation and standards.
An offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results to meet minimum requirements of the position. They may include criminal background and reference checks, E-Verify, drug test, driver’s license record, and/or a Child Protective Services Check (CPS). Additional driver’s license check, CPS, criminal background check, alcohol, and/or drug testing may be required to be processed in the future in order to meet and/or maintain the requirements of this position.
The YMCA of SouthHampton Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at YSHR will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. YSHR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive.
- Job Family Facility Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.00
- Max Hiring Rate $15.00
- South Boston YMCA, 650 Hamilton Blvd, South Boston, Virginia, United States of America