PRINCESS ANNE FAMILY YMCA
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the health and well-being of children, adults and families in your community. Working at the YMCA you’ll discover more than a job – you will have the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the community.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intention every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Personal Trainer will provide one-one-one supervision and instruction to members using the Wellness Centers. The Personal Trainer is responsible for assisting the Family Center in membership development and retention through quality instruction and continuous follow-up.
PERSONAL TRAINER: Provides quality member service. Helps all members; and Educates YMCA members about exercise principles, nutrition basics and other wellness and fitness related topics, in alignment with YMCA teachings and best practices. Engages in the members’ workouts and provides constructive feedback to maximize wellness and fitness gains. Conducts baseline fitness assessments on members. Uses Listen First skills to assist YMCA members in determining their long and short-term wellness goals. Provides encouragement to members to help them meet their wellness goals and continues with their programs.
- Hold a current Personal Training Certification from a nationally recognized organization with NCAA Accreditation.
- Must have knowledge of strength/free weight and cardiovascular equipment, general strength training principles, appropriate exercise modifications for special populations and basic nutrition.
- YMCA certificates to include: YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles, YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning (recommended)
- CPR/First Aid/AED/O2.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- May be required to walk, stand, kneel, and stoop
- Continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Must be able to lift, pull and move up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically able to successfully complete required certifications
Accountable for completion of assigned goals as measured by the number of people served and service satisfaction scores.
An offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results to meet minimum requirements of the position. They may include criminal background and reference checks, E-Verify, drug test, driver’s license record, and/or a Child Protective Services Check (CPS). Additional driver’s license check, CPS, criminal background check, alcohol, and/or drug testing may be required to be processed in the future in order to meet and/or maintain the requirements of this position.
The YMCA of SouthHampton Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at YSHR will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. YSHR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive.
- Job Family Health, Wellness, Sports
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- Princess Anne Family YMCA, 2121 Landstown Rd, Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America