Virtual Enrichment Specialty Instructor
VIRTUAL SPECIALTY INSTRUCTOR
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Virtual Specialty Instructor will offer quality customer service to our members virtually by teaching safe and functionally challenging classes, in both live streamed and recorded formats that focus on empowering young people and improving health and well-being. The Virtual Specialty Instructor should have experience, interest and knowledge in a variety of specialties that may include, but not limited to, reading, arts and crafts, music, cooking, and science. Instructors should have experience working with youth and teens. A FUN atmosphere should be created and group interaction should be encouraged.
Virtual Class examples:
Arts-n-Crafts, Wee Ones Art, Preschool Picassos, Lil Chefs, Lil Scientists, Mixed Media Art, Munchkin Movers, Little Bitz Boogie, Music Together, Fairy Tale Reading Time, Sing A-Long Jam Session
- Confidently and clearly delivers youth and teen programs to a camera
- Creates live and recorded specialty classes using streaming platforms and video technology including production, editing, voiceover, post-production submittal for approval and uploading
- Designs, teaches and delivers a variety of new, fresh and innovative virtual activities that are fun, safe and effective
- Prepares curriculum for every class
- Is an ambassador to YMCASHR outside teaching hours. Promotes the platform and build up your class attendance
- Engages with every member to make them feel like they are part of the Y
- Has an exceptional awareness to the abilities of the participants and understand how to make everyone comfortable
- Maintains all equipment used in the virtual Y studio and assist in keeping the studio in proper order
- Follows and supports in actions and words all YMCA policies, rules and procedures
- Demonstrates YMCA character values of Honesty, Respect, Caring, Responsibility and Faith
- Abides by all YMCA COVID-19 sanitation practices and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Engaging Community
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others
- Functional Expertise
- Requires knowledge and experience in specified activity
- Instructional experience in related program area required
- Has knowledge of computers and ability to learn required software
- Adept and experienced at using streaming platforms for streaming classes (YouTube, Zoom, etc.)
- Has ability to use technology, lighting and cameras as required while streaming live and recorded classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- Drive enrollment in the Virtual Y based on the quality of programs delivered and ability to connect with the community through virtual programming
- Continual improvement in attendance and viewings of programs on the Virtual Y
- Actively participate in the team concept of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads Virtual Fitness program and within the association.
- Happy and satisfied members as evidenced through surveys & reports.
- Fulfill the YMCA mission by helping members improve in body, mind and spirit.
The YMCA of SouthHampton Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at YSHR will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. YSHR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive.
- Job Family Membership Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- Virtual YMCA, 920 Corporate Lane, Chesapeake, Virginia, United States of America