Stay & Play Coordinator
STAY & PLAY COORDINATOR
MT. TRASHMORE FAMILY YMCA
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Stay and Play Coordinator assists the Senior Youth Development Director in providing exemplary service to members and participants. Helps ensure the safety and well-being of all employees, players, and spectators who may be participating within the program. Shall always be approachable and dedicated to providing participants with the most enjoyable experience possible. In addition, the Youth Program Coordinator will incorporate the values of honesty, respect, caring, faith and responsibility into the daily functions of the YMCA.
The Stay and Play Coordinator will provide support and help oversee daily operations and staffing of the following areas: Stay & Play, Interactive Zone, Birthday Parties, and Family Program events.
DIVISION OF DUTIES:
- 70% Supervision and staff management through direct service
- 30% Administration, meetings, and program management
- 10% Participation to assigned aspects to Annual Giving and other special projects
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates engaging programs during Stay & Play/IZone hours that are safe, fun, and meaningful.
- Provides strong leadership and support for providing high quality customer service to members.
- Provides oversight and direct leadership for birthday party program implementation and growth to meet standards set by association.
HOURS: Varied, must be available nights and weekends
- Assists in developing annual operating objectives for the Family programs.
- Monitors the achievements of these objectives and exercises appropriate action to assure the achievements of the objectives are the highest quality programs and services.
- Functions within set budget guidelines and exercises necessary controls to assure operations are carried out in a balanced fiscal position.
- Responsible for inventory and delivery of all program related supplies. Keep supervisor informed and current on status.
- Assists Youth Development Director with program promotion and increasing enrollment numbers in above mentioned programs.
- Completes required trainings, including New Staff Orientation, Blood Borne Pathogens, MAT and Child Abuse prevention.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with volunteers, community agencies and lay leaders to solicit support for above programs.
- Participates in association Cabinet meetings.
- Assist in all appropriate staff training and coaching meetings/training.
- 10. Ensures safety, cleanliness and function of all related facilities and equipment.
- 11. Ensures all program operations are consistent with association procedures, including emergency, insurance, accident, purchasing, personnel, accounting and other administrative systems.
- 12. Incorporates character development within the activities of each program.
- 13. Assists in the leadership of family center special events.
- Active leadership required in staff giving and community campaign division.
- 15. Responsible for all staff coverage related to areas of responsibility
- 16. Plans, develops and implements Family programs with a focus on Birthday Party, Stay & Play, and I Zone program areas.
- 17. Communicates the YMCA mission and objectives to the community.
- 18. Provides strong membership services and retention effort.
- 19. Steps into a leadership role when the Senior Youth Development Director is absent.
- 20. Creates opportunities for members to form small communities and meaningful relationships.
- 21. Performs all other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree preferred in Physical Education, Recreation or related field or working towards a degree in the above areas.
- At least one year’s experience working with children in child care.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with groups of children and their parents.
- Clear Criminal Background Check, and a negative TB test.
- Knowledge and maturity to observe children’s behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety practices and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Ability to manage the daily administrative, program-related and supervisory responsibilities of the Family programs.
- Strong human relation skills to facilitate positive relationships with participants, members, staff and volunteers.
- Minimum 21 years of age or older.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and or able to obtain within 30 days of hire date.
- Engaging Community
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- May be required to walk, stand, run, kneel, climb and stoop.
- Must be able to sit on the floor and get back up.
- Continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Must be able to lift, pull and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be physically able to successfully complete required certifications.
An offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results to meet minimum requirements of the position. They may include criminal background and reference checks, E-Verify, drug test, driver’s license record, and/or a Child Protective Services Check (CPS). Additional driver’s license check, CPS, criminal background check, alcohol, and/or drug testing may be required to be processed in the future in order to meet and/or maintain the requirements of this position.
The YMCA of SouthHampton Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at YSHR will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. YSHR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive.
- Job Family Child and Family Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $9.59
- Max Hiring Rate $10.50
- Mt. Trashmore Family YMCA, 4441 South Boulevard, Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America