Millington - Center Director
1. Oversees daily operation of the center with a focus on exceptional customer service and membership sales/engagement.
2. In coordination with the Sr. Vice President of Operations, is fiscally responsible for the management of center expenses.
3. Works with volunteers and assists in the Annual Campaign as needed, working closely with the Sr. Vice President of Operations.
4. Represent and promote the Y in the local community while developing positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in the service delivery area.
5. Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of center staff working closely with the sales team, aquatics team, and child watch team.
6. Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support Center and Association mission, goals, and strategies.
7. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment through the District Property Director.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities required:
1. Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent preferred.
2. 3 or more years of successful management experience in the Y.
3. Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of Center budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
4. Experience in management and development of volunteers involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders to Center board preferred.
5. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
6. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations, municipalities, and corporate partners.
7. Y Multi-Team or Organizational Leader preferred.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies:
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the
functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses
best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Millington, TN 38053, USA