Cordova - Center Director
Oversees the daily operation of the center with specific focus on member engagement, employees supervision, facility quality, sales and aquatics support.
1. Oversees daily operation of the center with a focus on member engagement.
2. In coordination with the Sr. Vice President of Operations, is fiscally responsible for the management of center expenses.
3. Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of center staff working closely with the sales team, aquatics team, and child watch team.
4. Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support center and Association mission, goals, and strategies.
5. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment working with the District Property Director and Sr. Vice President of Operations as needed.
6. Supervises the Sales Director, Coordinators and other in-center employees as needed including greeters, group exercise, personal trainers, and cleaning staff.
7. Works with volunteers and assists in the Annual Campaign as needed, working closely with the Sr. Vice President of Operations.
8. All other duties as assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Multi-Team Leader preferred):
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels..
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change.
Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
2. Three or more years of successful management experience.
3. Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, and program development.
4. Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit community volunteers to support the mission of the Y.
5. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations and corporate partners.
6. Y Multi-Team preferred.
Deadline to apply: February 1, 2021
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Cordova, Memphis, TN, USA