Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Customer Experience, this position supports centralized child care/membership operations in administrative duties and
customer service operations in a call center environment. This position may require early morning, evening, and weekend responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum age requirement, 21 years
- Must be accurate and detailed oriented
- 6 months of directly related experience
- Strong sense of time management and ability to exercise discretion
- Ability to interact with people from all ethnic background, ages, and lifestyles
- Computer experience including web-based software, Microsoft Excel and Word; Daxko knowledge is preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
1. Provides excellent customer service on the phone and/or in person.
2. Supports the administrative functions of centralized childcare but not limited to:
• Answers all incoming calls for childcare/membership, assisting callers with accurate information regarding programs, registration, and billing
• Handle and resolve caller complaints
• Route calls to appropriate resource
• Respond to website inquiries and customer emails in a timely
• Collect past due balances from parents.
• Process all scholarship applications that come in for financial assistance for child care programs.
• Complete appropriate paperwork including but not limited to; end-of-shift reports, production records, historical paperwork documentation.
3. Complies with all risk management standards to ensure a safe environment,
responding to all incidents and following the YMCA incident management process.
4. Attends and participates in assigned staff meetings and special events to
provide a collaborative and cohesive approach to the YMCA’s vision and mission.
5. Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by and agreed to by their supervisor to meet the changing needs of the program and/or branch.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Y’s efforts for all stakeholders.
Collaboration: Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves staff at all levels in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Behavioral Characteristics: Welcoming, Nurturing, Determined, Hopeful,
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
● Climbing, sitting, standing, pushing, walking, kneeling, and stooping
● Ability to lift up to 25 pounds