Memphis, TN, USA Req #112
Friday, June 26, 2020
Our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a key member of the Wellness Department the CrossFit Coach will provide extraordinary service and information to current and prospective YMCA members. The Coach will utilize excellent listening skills to engage new and existing YMCA members. The Trainer will develop a program or provide guidance to new members that will enable them to reach their full potential and build relationships with members that move them along a continuum from a causal connection to a committed level through increased involvement. The CrossFit Coach will provide sound technique and guidance, instructing members engage the “Workout of the Day”, and elevate their fitness level to meet their individual goals in a class setting.
● Uphold the mission of the YMCA, and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature.
● Provide courteous, prompt and sincere attention to members, guests, participants and staff.
● Provide high quality personal training programs to meet the specific needs of members.
● Participate occasionally in program promotions and special events that expand knowledge of CrossFit at the YMCA.
● Responsible for Member Engagement and follow-up communication with members in between sessions and after completion of sessions.
● Foster and build strong member relationships
● Build and maintain effective communication lines with other Wellness Center Staff and members.
● Communicate and enforce policies and guidelines for the Wellness Center & CrossFit Room.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
For Youth Development For Healthy Living For Social Responsibility
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30.00
- Memphis, TN, USA