YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Founded in 1852, YMCA Buffalo Niagara is the second-oldest YMCA in the United States and one of the oldest institutions in Western New York. As a charitable, community-based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, YMCA Buffalo Niagara serves the Western New York community with six membership branches, two overnight camps, and over 50 program locations. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay - each year, more than 2,800 children and families benefit from our annual campaign, which provides over $1.4 million in financial aid to those who wish to participate in YMCA programs such as child care, summer camp, or membership.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Independent Health Family YMCA has immediate openings for housekeepers, who will follow the daily schedule to clean and sanitize all areas of the facility.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Cleans and sanitizes all areas of the facility according to the daily schedule including but not limited to: rest rooms, locker rooms, kitchen/lounges, sauna/steam room.
- Uses the appropriate equipment and janitorial supplies correctly. Reports problems to the supervisor.
- Follows facility protocol to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, including doorknobs, tables, chairs, light switches, etc.
- Dry/wet mops hard floors. Vacuums carpets.
- Washes windows, dusts surfaces.
- Empties trash and recycling containers.
- Completes facility maintenance logs as directed.
- Responds quickly to clean spills and resolves unsafe conditions promptly.
- Wears required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maintains the cleanliness of the grounds. Clears (shovels, sweeps) walkways, removes garbage.
- Carries out other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of one year of experience in housekeeping, and/or custodial work.
- Working knowledge of the tools and equipment used to clean and sanitize.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $12.50
- Job Start Date Monday, March 29, 2021