YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Founded in 1852, YMCA Buffalo Niagara is the second-oldest YMCA in the United States and one of the oldest institutions in Western New York. As a charitable, community-based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, YMCA Buffalo Niagara serves the Western New York community with six membership branches, two overnight camps, and over 50 program locations. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay - each year, more than 2,800 children and families benefit from our annual campaign, which provides over $1.4 million in financial aid to those who wish to participate in YMCA programs such as child care, summer camp, or membership.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Wellness Coach participates in the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of all member related wellness programs and activities at the Lockport Family YMCA. Actively engages with members on an individual and group basis for wellness coaching.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Interacts and engages with every member in the Wellness Center. Provides supervision, encouragement, and assistance.
- Participates in the development, promotion and implementation for member benefit health and well-being events, including Healthy Kids Day and membership campaigns.
- Implements exercise programs for individuals, groups, and diverse populations.
- Monitors members for injury prevention and proper equipment use. Responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Participates in the Annual Campaign and other organizational fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrates through action and interaction with staff, YMCA members and the public, the Four Character Development Principles of the YMCA, Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Maintains cleanliness in the Wellness Center, cleaning equipment and maintaining supplies.
- Enforces YMCA policies and ensures that members comply with Wellness Center rules and regulations.
- Maintains organized records of member wellness appointments and follows up as necessary.
- Interprets and communicates the Mission, objectives, and programs to members and program participants.
- Follows department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas.
- Maintains required certifications and establishes personal goals for self-improvement and professional growth.
- Attends department staff meetings and participates in training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI).
- National certification (ACSM, ACE, NETA, AFAA or NASM) in Personal Training or YMCA of the USA national equivalency within 1 year of employment.
- One (1) to three (3) years practical experience in fitness instruction, personal training, athletic coaching and/or nutrition counseling.
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Physical Education or related field is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $12.50
- Job Start Date Monday, February 22, 2021