Child Care - Site Coordinator
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Founded in 1852, YMCA Buffalo Niagara is the second-oldest YMCA in the United States and one of the oldest institutions in Western New York. As a charitable, community-based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, YMCA Buffalo Niagara serves the Western New York community with six membership branches, two overnight camps, and over 50 program locations. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay - each year, more than 2,800 children and families benefit from our annual campaign, which provides over $1.4 million in financial aid to those who wish to participate in YMCA programs such as child care, summer camp, or membership.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Lockport Family YMCA operates licensed School Age Child Care programs at the facility and at several off-site locations within the service area. The site coordinator plans and implements the program curriculum, provides direction to program staff, performs administrative tasks, and ensures a quality experience for children and parents.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include leadership development opportunities, program specific training courses, and career advancement.
- Plans and implements weekly lesson plans. Follows all YMCA program standards.
- Provides direction, coaching, and supervision to staff. Enforces policies and procedures.
- Supervises the children, the program area, and all activities.
- Implements and maintains policies, rules, regulations, and standards as required by the NYS Office of Child and Family Services, school administration, and YMCA Buffalo Niagara.
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas. Ensures PPE compliance.
- Provides a safe environment for all activities. Enforces safety rules and reports/treats any injuries.
- Performs various administrative tasks in compliance with YMCA procedures and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains all program supplies and equipment.
- Reacts to customer feedback and implements plans to improve program quality.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with children, parents, staff, and school administration.
- Responsible for communication to parents, school administration, YMCA, and OCFS.
- Maintains all required certifications. Attends and participates in all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Associate Degree in a Child Care/development related field OR 2 years of college with at least 18 credit hours in a child care/development related field, OR Child Care/SACC Credential; 2 years of direct experience working with children under the age of 13 years, including at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity; successfully completes the OCFS comprehensive background clearance requirements before beginning work at the program site.
- Able to lead activities for elementary school age children including group work, values education, and age appropriate activities.
- An understanding of the YMCA and its mission, values, and programs.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with children, parents, staff and school administration.
- American Red Cross, American Health Association, or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) in CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Medication Administration Training (MAT) may be required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.75
- Job Start Date Monday, February 22, 2021