Head Start Early Learning Coach
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Y Head Start Early Learning Coach, you will support educational quality, Creative Curriculum implementation and positive child outcomes throughout the programs operating areas. The Early Learning Coach regularly conducts classroom observations and coaching sessions in each center, both informally and formally (utilizing our program systems and tools). You will maintain documentation to provide feedback to Teachers and Zone Managers in all areas of educational quality. You will plan and collaborate in joint sessions with Zone Managers, Curriculum & Environments Specialist and Director of Early Childhood Education to ensure that outcomes are achieved for teachers, as well as, children of all abilities. You will create an environment which fosters the social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and creative development of each child. As a Y Head Start Early Learning Coach, you’ll contribute to the Y and to the broader community we serve by working with our littlest participants who are economically disadvantaged and help them prepare for success in school and life.
This work is right for you if you have:
• An interest in the well-being and education of young children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
• Prior experience teaching and/or supervising in a Head Start setting, preferably using Creative Curriculum
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, and other Y associates
• A BA/BS in Early Childhood Education or a related field from an accredited college or university
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Early Childhood Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Pasadena, MD 21122, USA