Camp Equine Assistant - The Y Camp Puh'tok
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As an Equestrian Assistant for Y Camp, you will plan & lead curriculum-based camp activities for campers. You will creatively organize all specialty activities to ensure that appropriate equipment and materials are efficiently used while campers experience a high quality, fun camper experience. You’ll supervise camp associates and campers and may work at multiple camps within the same area. As an Equestrian Assistant, you’ll contribute to the Y movement by providing experiences that lead to a summer of adventure and a lifetime of memories.
This work is right for you if you have:
- An interest in the well-being of camp age children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
- The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children parents/guardians, members and other Y associates
- The knowledge, skills and ability to facilitate, teach and/or supervise equine activities tolarge groups of children and teens
- At least 1 season of prior camp experience
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Summer/Residential Camp
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Monkton, MD 21111, USA