Camp Lead Counselor -Y Camp Spencer
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Unit Leader for Y Camp, you assist the camp leadership team in all aspects of camp operations. You will lead and supervise a specific group of camp associates and campers in daily activities. You will assist in the planning and implementation of camp activities to meet camp curriculum requirements. You will leverage your enthusiasm in supervising, participating with and engaging campers to create a high quality, fun camper experience. As a Unit Leader, you’ll contribute to the Y movement by providing experiences that lead to a summer of adventure and a lifetime of memories.
This work is right for you if you have:
• An interest in the well-being of camp age children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children parents/guardians, members and other Y associates
• At least 1 season of prior camp experience
• At least 1 year of experience supervising others
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Summer/Residential Camp
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Street, MD 21154, USA