Community School Assistant Director - Johnston Square
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Y Community School Assistant Director, you will assist with all aspects of year-round (school year & summer) community-based out-of-school-time programming for elementary, middle and high school youth. You will be responsible for contributing to the creation the center environment, developing and implementing program activities, maintaining the facility, and hiring, training and supervising staff and program volunteers. You will make sure that the program runs smoothly and meets the overall goals of Y programs for K-12 students located in schools in low income communities served by the Y in Central Maryland. As an Assistant Director, you’ll contribute to the Y and to our overall community by supporting and nurturing youth adversely impacted by the achievement gap.
This work is right for you if you have:
• An interest in the well-being of school age youth, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
• Some prior experience working in outcomes-based, grant-funded youth programs that support targeted population.
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, school administration and other Y associates
• A bachelor's degree in the Human Services discipline
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Youth Development
- Pay Type Salary
- 1101 Valley St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA