Executive Director, Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As an Executive Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for the Y, you will cultivate and support a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment for the Y’s associates and the community it serves. You will advance the development of a strategy that champions the criticality and value of a diverse and inclusive community both internally and externally, in alignment with the Y’s strategic plan and vision. You will be responsible for the implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts across the association focusing on ensuring the integration of DEI strategies and programs into all operations, shared services and other priorities/initiatives. You will provide leadership for researching and developing strategies to increase and diversify the Y’s membership, outreach and impact. You will become connected to, and an influencer of, community-wide efforts to implement and uplift DEI work. You will collaborate with Human Resources, Finance, Development, and Marketing/Membership to ensure the Y recruits, retains and develops qualified and diverse associates, donors, partners, volunteers suppliers and serves all segments of our community. You will manage the DEI dashboard to ensure impact is accurately captured and communicated, and will support the completion of mandatory diversity reporting (e.g., EEO-1 report, Y USA Annual Report, etc.). As an Executive Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for the Y, you’ll contribute to the Y and to the larger community we serve by leveraging your DEI skills to directly impact the Y mission and to help advance it.
This work is right for you if you have:
- A love of people and the ability to connect with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- A passion for and commitment to DEI work
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in management, training and/or communications
- Prior experience in organizational diversity and inclusion strategy development designing and implementing effective multi-level diversity and inclusion programs
- An ability to lead and influence at all levels of the organization through collaboration, managing change, and building consensus
- An ability to think strategically, operate tactically and impact collaboratively, while working independently and as part of a team and interacting with a multi-cultural community
- Project management experience, including technology implementations, with ability to work with cross-functional teams
- A professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with the public and associates
- An ability to travel throughout Central Maryland
- Multilingual skills are preferred
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/Organization Development, Business, Sociology, Psychology, or related field
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Corporate/Administrative
- Pay Type Salary
- 303 W Chesapeake Ave, Towson, MD 21204, USA