After School Teacher - Riverview Elementary School
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As a Y Teacher for School Partnerships, you will lead school age children through research-based curriculum that result in academic achievement and a love of learning. You will prepare and submit lesson plans that meet the individual needs of the youth and the overall goals of Y programs for students in grades K-12 located in schools in low income communities served by the Y in Central Maryland. As a Teacher, you’ll contribute to the Y and to our overall community by supporting and nurturing youth adversely impacted by the achievement gap.
This work is right for you if you have:
• An interest in the well-being of school age youth, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
• Prior experience leading a classroom and creating and implementing lesson plans
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, school administration and other Y associates
• A current teaching certification
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Youth Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3290 Kessler Rd, Lansdowne, MD 21227, USA