Head Start Education Services Manager
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As an Education Services Manager for the Y’s Head Start program, you will be responsible for the overall educational approach and operations of Early Education and Child Development in an assigned region. You will collaborate with Head Start leadership and Anne Arundel County public school personnel to ensure the successful integration of service areas to promote quality of service coordination, while ensuring compliance with federal and state program regulations. You will achieve this through the development of family partnerships, facilitating communication and service coordination internally with Head Start teams and externally with Head Start partners, maintaining records, data and reporting outcomes as well as ongoing program monitoring and continuous improvement. You will lead a team of Early Learning Coaches and program governance committees. As an Education Services Manager, you’ll contribute to the Y and to the broader community we serve by working with our littlest participants and their families who are economically disadvantaged and help them prepare for success in school and life.
This work is right for you if you have:
- An interest in the well-being and education of young children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
- The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, and other Y associates
- A minimum of 3 years of Head Start operational experience
- The ability to utilize curriculum and assessment data to improve child outcomes
- The ability to manage associates and develop their skills
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical and organizational skills
- BS/BA degree in ECE, Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Child & Family Studies or related field
- MS/Med degree in ECE (preferred)
- Prior experience managing annual operating budget within the constraints of federal grant funding (preferred)
- Prior experience implementing Practiced Based Coaching curriculum (preferred)
- Prior experience implementing SEFEL or other PBS tools (preferred)
- NAEYC & MSDE accreditation (preferred)
- MSDE Teacher Credential Level 6 (preferred)
- CLASS reliable (preferred)
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Program Leadership
- Pay Type Salary
- Anne Arundel County, MD, USA