IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Position Summary Description:
Responsible for troubleshooting all end user computer equipment and technology used by staff (PC, laptops, printers, copiers, AV equipment, desktop software applications, etc.). Opens trouble tickets in Help Desk ticketing system. Diagnoses problem and takes necessary steps to remedy the problem or routes ticket to higher level of support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to telephone calls and e-mail messages from end users seeking technical support with hardware, software, networking and other computer related issues.
- Opens trouble tickets in Help Desk ticketing system. Diagnoses problem and takes necessary steps to remedy the problem or routes ticket to higher level of support. Tracks and monitors open tickets until ticket resolution.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, resolves software related problems and performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Performs routine maintenance of computer equipment and peripherals to ensure proper operation. Checks for error messages to detect faulty output or machine stoppage.
- Monitors office computer network performance, maintains security, and troubleshoots network problems. Supports server systems and supporting software.
- Provides VPN, remote access support and troubleshooting.
- Provides printer/copier, Mobile Devices, and Video Conferencing equipment support.
- Troubleshoots network connectivity issues.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide afterhours support on a rotational basis; including weeknights and weekends.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and/or certified IT Technician (MCSA, CCNA, A+, Network+ Certifications).
- Preferred 2 years relevant work experience. Experience supporting MS Applications and Windows Operating System.
- Must be proficient in the English language and communicate clearly and effectively in written and oral form.
- Must be able to address problems and issues constructively, to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions, while respecting the diversity of employees in actions, words, and deeds.
- Extensive working knowledge with the following:
- PC hardware support.
- Application support.
- Microsoft Products (Windows 10, Office Suite).
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA