TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (NIGHT)
Position Summary Description:
Directs activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking delivery vehicles. Plans, organizes, and manages the work of the Transportation staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking delivery vehicles.
- Plans, organizes, and manages the work of Transportation staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Recommends new hires, promotions, terminations, and transfers for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the workforce.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after standard hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations.
- Facilitates and/or participates in meetings and workshops for the purpose of identifying issues and developing recommendations.
- Conducts and/or attends routine Driver and Safety meetings.
- Adheres to all Federal and State driver guidelines.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Router/Dispatcher, CDL Driver, Non-CDL Driver
Education/Training and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration and/or
- Five to eight years of delivery route experience and familiarity with local roadways and townships within the route area.
- One year experience of distribution or warehouse experience, preferably in food service.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with route customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must have the ability to calmly and efficiently handle customer complaints, order discrepancies, and picking/loading errors.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, preferably Class A or B.
- Must possess a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate (PUC Card).
- Must possess a clean traffic abstract.
- Must be able to successfully complete in-house forklift certification test.
- Must be able to read road signs, building numbers, and maps.
- Frequently required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Transportation applicants are required to submit a copy of their Driver History Record along with their application. Driver History Record must have been issued within the past 30 days from date of application. Applications will not be considered without this form.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA