DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Position Summary Description:
Responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive business development strategy for Y. Hata’s street business on Oahu, Big Island & Kauai including strategic sales development, branding our SBP program, supporting our sales managers, merchandising, and marketing efforts, and optimizing our technology tools to enhance the customer experience and to provide more predictive customer analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert and resource on our SBP program including and not limited to training account managers on SBP sales strategies, presentations, and business reviews. Establish consistent service standards across all sales channels in order to ensure a consistent experience.
- Serve as the lead for the Business Review program.
- Design a go-to-market campaign and strategy for prospecting new accounts working closely with the sales and marketing team.
- Provide support with Sales Managers for review of prospective accounts and existing accounts identified for high growth.
- Serve as the customer facing subject matter expert in IMA Exclusive Brands.
- Serve as the customer relationship expert on Power BI and on how we can optimize and utilize the tool to enhance our customer service experience and penetration efforts.
- Partner with Account Managers and Sales Managers to analyze routes and accounts, increase account penetration, and IMA EB conversion.
- Implements “one on one” training with Sales Managers for specific Account Managers based on above opportunities.
- Conduct market research, attending professional conferences and tradeshows, serving on industry board roles, and networking to build our presence in the industry and community.
- Report to management on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis on progress, opportunities, risks and strategic direction course.
- Serve as a key member of the Food Show planning and execution team.
Oversees Business Development Manager
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in business or similar related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing/merchandising and/or sales within a wholesale or distribution environment a plus.
- Ability to understand the Hawaii foodservice industry and market.
- Be a strong team collaborator and able to create synergies with merchandising, purchasing, sales, and marketing.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent judgment in all matters related to position.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA