BROADLINE SALES MANAGER (OAHU)
Position Summary Description:
As a key individual in the Broadline Sales department, this position is responsible for managing the overall street sales function on Oahu to include setting and meeting sales targets, recruiting and training account managers, and maximizing sales, profits, and collections while minimizing the costs associated with the sales areas. Critical to the position will be the execution of enterprise policies and sales strategies that requires collaborative alignment across departments with the goal of maximum profitability, communication, and excellence. He/she will embrace the go to business strategy exemplified by “The Road to Haleiwa.” He/she will be an exemplary member of the community and food service industry. The position is an active member of the Core Leadership Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements, Core Values and the business strategy known as “The Road to Haleiwa” as their guiding principles.
- Develop and implement strategic broadline sales plans to achieve corporate goals.
- Lead the development of the annual broadline sales and recommend needed adjustments quarterly.
- Manage broadline sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Prepare weekly broadline sales update for the executive team.
- Participate in direction of Annual Customer Food Shows to attain key company goals
- Manage training and performance evaluations to develop and maximize sales programs.
- Maintain the education of the broadline sales team on available items, especially the introduction of new items added through the established guidelines.
- Consistently seek to create transparency and excellence in standards in documentation in the Broadline Sales functions.
- Work with the Director of Supply Chain to:
- Coordination of product pricing, contracts, bids and SBP documentation.
- Uphold established guidelines for new product requests from the sales team.
- Coordinate sales/supply chain on maximizing item exposure to more customers
- Assist supply chain with inventory efficiencies on duplication of items and vendor consolidation
- Coordinate and maximize increased managed income through IMA affiliation
- Product training for Sales staff
- Partner with the Director of Operations and Info Central Manager to develop and uphold standards in customer service.
- Consistently seek efficiencies in customer service while protecting the brand promise of “Solutions Delivered with Aloha.”
- Work with operations/transportation on route efficiencies for both street and customized customer segments
Share with entire operations team the overall business strategy of “Road to Haleiwa”
- Research, evaluate, and provide resources and opportunities for professional development for the sales team.
- Investigate activities of competitors and recommend appropriate response, if needed.
- Attends culinary or other functions related to food service distribution as a representative of the company.
- Work with Director of IT to implement the newest technologies for customers and sales efficiencies
- Work with Marketing Manager to provide solutions to customers:
Key POS materials
- A/R Credit Department- works with A/R department to create/uphold measured credit standards throughout enterprise
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training the employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Account Managers
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Seven or more years of sales experience in the food service industry with at least five years in a managerial capacity.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external associates in an effective, professional and persuasive manner.
- Good negotiating skills and a proven record of relationship management.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to individuals and an audience.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and human relations skills.
- Ability to understand the Hawaii foodservice industry and market.
- Must have excellent judgment in all matters related to position.
- Must possess a valid Hawaii Driver’s license and clean driver history.
- Must have reliable transportation and current vehicle liability insurance.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA