MERCHANDISING MANAGER CHEFZONE
Position Summary Description:
The ChefZone Merchandising Manager is responsible for the overall merchandising program at ChefZone under the direction of the Assistant General Manager. He/she will partner with the ChefZone Buyers, Y. Hata Marketing Manager, ChefZone Department Managers as well as vendors to ensure strategic growth of sales and category development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that align with the company’s objectives while meeting customers’ expectations.
- Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock.
Partner with ChefZone buyer(s) to use data to analyze product placement, promotions, and timing.
- Partner with Y. Hata Marketing Manager to plan marketing events, promotions, and campaigns with strategy as to sub-brands with emphasis on exclusive brand portfolio.
- Partner with ChefZone Department Managers to balance data-driven decisions with in-store activity and customer feedback.
- Maximize customer interest and sales levels by displaying products accurately and appropriately.
- Produce layout plans for stores and maintain store shelves and inventory.
- Forecast profits/sales and plan budgets.
- Monitor stock movement and consider markdowns, promotions, price changes, clear outs etc.
- Build constructive customer relationships and team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
- Remain up-to-date with industry’s best practices.
- Partners with ChefZone Buyers in overall category growth and product penetration, watching trends, food safety, and product knowledge expertise within assigned categories.
- Responsible for merchandising the assigned categories within the store.
- Partners with ChefZone Buyers to provide product education and providing any product information for customers and salespeople.
- Responsible for providing content and material for monthly customer marketing, trends, promotions, including coupons, deals, line changes, etc. for assigned categories.
- Under the direction of the Assistant General Manager, be a core member on the ChefZone Merchandising Team to guide, plan, and support all marketing programs within assigned categories to ensure deliverable timelines and an integrated calendar is managed.
- Partner with the ChefZone Buyers to:
- Maintain/Reduce shrink through proper aging and rotation working with the Inventory and QA management team.
- Reduce/Eliminate close date inventory prior to moving to the freezer. Manage the disposition of unsalable merchandise and management of damages and spoilage
- Identify aged or slow-moving products and develop a marketing strategy to re-launch, replace, or retire
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- Two to three years of progressive merchandising experience.
- Food service, Grocery, and Retail experience highly preferred.
- Must possess a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to be organized, multi-tasked, and be very flexible with changing priorities.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2888 Ualena St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA