DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Position Summary Description:
Plans, directs and coordinates all accounting and financial analysis functions, including internal and external financial statements, budgeting and forecasting models, and activities of external auditors. Performs financial modeling and analysis and provides management with information vital to decision making process. Responsible for evaluating accounting and internal control systems and hiring, training, and retaining competent accounting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs pro forma and other financial analyses to assist Management with strategic and other major business decisions.
- Performs ROI calculations for all capital expenditure proposals.
- Prepares the weekly Flash financial report, KPI corporate and department scorecard reports, and the monthly Sales/GP and Operating Expense budget/actual variance reports for Management.
- Coordinates preparation of the annual budget.
- Evaluates, recommends improvements, and establishes procedures and internal control systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Coordinates completion of a timely and accurate monthly close of the company general ledger and preparation of internal financial statements.
- Plans and coordinates activities of external auditors, including the annual audit.
- Directs and monitors the accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Assist with treasury functions including cash flow planning and banking/lender relationships, and with risk management and insurance requirements.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training the employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Credit Manager, Senior Accounting Manager
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent is required.
- CPA license is required.
- Minimum of five years of CPA firm and/or industry accounting experience.
- Experience in the wholesale distribution or restaurant industry is preferred.
- Must be able to summarize numerical data in fractions, percentages, averages, and in graphical presentation.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of word processing and powerpoint presentation programs. Advanced skills in Excel.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality and integrity of all sensitive data.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA