CHEFZONE ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER
Position Summary Description:
The Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) is responsible for ensuring an organized and smoothly run store. All categories included in the store are grocery, frozen, dairy and chill/refrigerated products. The ABM will work closely with all department managers to ensure the store is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion at all times. The ABM will assist the Branch Manager in training, supervising and providing constructive discipline for all store personnel. This position works closely with all CZ management and staff to ensure store efficiency, availability of quality products, excellent customer service and high staff morale. All management and staff will work together to uphold the mission of ChefZone as well as the Y. Hata values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model excellent customer service for staff and provide excellent internal service to staff, peers and CZ customers.
- Ensure department employees provide excellent customer service and receive appropriate CS training.
- Respond to customer comments in a timely manner
- Explain store policies and procedures clearly, completely and concisely to staff members, customers and vendors.
- Know store layout and be aware and knowledgeable about products in all departments.
- Participate in the development and long-term strategic planning for labor, sales and margin goals and capital budgeting.
- Assist the GM in meeting labor, sales and margin goals.
- Maintain pricing structure that meets budget goals.
- Maintain working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales number and financial goals.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate PLU’s and prices in POS system.
- Regularly review departmental and storewide financial reports and take corrective action as needed.
- Communicate relevant sales, margin and labor goals to staff on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in management and other planned meetings.
- Represent the management team as “One Voice” and honor decisions after they have been made.
- Work with management team as appropriate to routinely evaluate and improve product mix and pricing of products.
- Respond to challenging situations in a positive and professional manner including proposing new ideas or making improvements.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers, supervisors, staff and/or outside contacts in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Model supportive leadership qualities that motivate staff to achieve department goals, promote staff participation and team building.
- Complete goals and tasks in a timely manner.
- Follow health and safety rules appropriate to the department.
- Oversee all store department staff, including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluations.
- Actively address performance and personnel issues in a timely manner.
- Work with managers and team members to develop goals, standards and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a clear chain of accountability and responsibility among all department staff and organize a department communication system that encourages staff participation and mentoring.
- Organize and facilitate regular team huddles.
- Follow good documentation practices.
- Develop and maintain useful departmental training materials and provide follow-up training to ensure that standards are met uniformly by all staff.
- Work with General Manager to assess staffing needs and create staff schedules.
Merchandising and Product Management
- Work with General Manager to develop promotional and implement programs for the departments.
- Work with management team to establish department merchandising, product selection criteria, category management, shelf set display, signage and promotional activity.
- Participate in the selection of new items to maintain a dynamic product mix.
- Coordinate product selection and cross merchandising of products with other departments.
- Continually work to improve product turn rates by evaluating products based on movement and sales trends.
- Ensure that all departments have attractive, informative signage.
- Conduct periodic price comparisons with other stores.
- Ensure that invoices are processed properly and delivered in a timely manner to the purchasing clerk.
- Oversee and/or participate in periodic inventory counts.
- Set pricing to meet margin goals, mark-down items as needed to reduce losses.
- Ensure purchase orders for products for all departments are generated based on inventory needs.
- Maintain positive work relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate suppliers and research sources of supply as necessary.
- Ensure invoices are reviewed for pricing and discount accuracy, ensuring accurate separation of inventory categories and subcategories.
- Ensure compliance with all purchasing contracts.
- Communicate ordering times, deadlines and changes in usual delivery time to departments when vendors are shared.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained and serviced.
- Ensure that department display units, coolers, work areas, storage areas, sales floor and store entrance/exit are in clean and orderly condition.
- Ensure that PLUs and prices are maintained in the Scales and POS system.
- Ensure that proper signage, rotation, and merchandising occurs.
- Ensure that products in department meet CZ guidelines for sale, i.e. UPC scans, product labels affixed etc.
- Ensure all department pricing guidelines meet margin goals.
- Oversee all day to day operations for the store.
- Ensure routine maintenance and cleaning of all designated grocery equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure procedures are current for activities such as receiving, stocking, merchandising, replenishment, order selection, and sanitation.
- Plan, schedule and adjust labor requirements as necessary to meet the daily demands of the various functions.
- Ensures that inbound inventory is received timely, and that inventory is replenished in order to prepare the store for opening.
- Inspects physical condition of store and equipment, ensure request for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment are submitted timely.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and communicate pertinent product information to team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee HAACP Compliance/FS Training/Safety- Compliant with HAACP Plan guidelines and protocols.
- Displays GMP including receiving, storing, and presentation of products.
- Protects and develops the company’s brands via PR activities and intellectual property management.
- Provides exceptional customer service and ensures that employees also provide the same level of service. Establishes and maintains customer relationships to accommodate both product and service needs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
- Keep leads informed of any problems and/or ideas.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Perishable/Frozen, General Grocery and E&S department managers.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Five years of retail experience, including three years in a management capacity preferred.
- Foodservice or grocery experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have ability to calmly and effectively handle employee disputes, operational concerns, and order/delivery discrepancies.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external associates in an effective, professional and persuasive manner.
- Must understand interdepartmental consequences of all decisions and actions related to this function.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2888 Ualena St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA