Position Summary Description:
Orders merchandise at appropriate levels for all Distribution Centers. Processes all related transactions for vendor orders. Becomes the resident expert for the categories/vendors/products assigned. Buyer takes a proactive approach and initiative in reviewing and remaining up-to-date with external factors including, but not limited to, seasonality, consumer-purchasing patterns, and logistic changes to ensure items are procured at minimal cost to our company. Develops and maintains good working relationships, in a coordinated effort to achieve common goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews inventory reports using BlueRidge SCP/Clarity system to determine which items need to be ordered and in what quantities, ensuring the system and its components are maintained correctly.
- Processes and expedites purchase orders, transmits to vendors, and ensures timely confirmation of prices, quantities, arrival dates and receipt.
- Ensure purchase orders meet all shipping requirements such as pickup, deliveries, vessel sailings, air shipments, etc., and manage any discrepancies, expediting any financial claims for reimbursement.
- Maintains accuracy and its integrity of inventory system. Updates item costs in a timely manner as required.
- Ensure inventory levels, turns, and service levels to meet Y. Hata & Co. standards outlined yearly in key performance indicators and customer’s expectations.
- Collaborates with Category Manager(s) in reviewing, gathering info, and the setup of new products and vendors per existing processes. Actively reviews inventory duplications, and recommends consolidation opportunities to Category Manager(s).
- Actively reviews inventory levels, demand spikes, and/or reductions effectively communicating with Category and Account Managers.
- Verifies quantity, quality, and code dates, production, or expiration dates received from vendors.
- Maintain and minimize financial risk through review of code dates and ensures timely rotation, collaborating with Inventory Control and QA teams.
- Communicates in a productive fashion as necessary with sales, logistics, operations, and all departments, to alert of potential issues, and responds in a timely fashion to requests for information.
- Processes all claims to include “hold for Buyer”, shipping damages, shortages, overages, shipping errors, and close dated products in a timely manner to minimize any financial loss.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or
- One to two years of buying experience, food service industry preferred.
- Must be able to perform basic to moderately difficult mathematical functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages, and percentages.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with BlueRidge SCP/Clarity software, other Power Enterprise programs, Sales Force, Office365 applications, as well as with all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Must be well organized, with the ability to multi-task, and be very flexible with changing priorities.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA