* Person must be able to work Saturdays.
Position Summary Description:
Provide administrative support for the buyers including item maintenance, claims processing and purchase order confirmations.
Timely and accurate processing of Pick and Pull orders. Orders are received in various formats either directly from customer or field marketing representative. Research and review of item availability for P&P orders. Transfer and ordering of items as needed from Sand Island to fulfill P&P Orders. Physical pulling of orders is also necessary at times. Other main responsibilities include: Phone line answering, processing of La Tour Bread Special Orders, daily review of La Tour Bread inventory and placement of La Tour Bakery orders by 10:30AM Monday – Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists buyers with the system maintenance of item symbols, weight, cube, descriptions, GTINs, vend or item #s and shelf life information.
- Verifies item data from 3rd party sources and determines whether it’s valid information to implement into the company’s system.
- Assists buyers in confirming purchase order prices and identifies any discrepancies.
- Assists the Buyers in researching new products and providing landed cost quotes to the sales team.
- Assists buyers in processing vendor claims for samples and damages.
- Tracks progress of all customer complaints and ensures all issues are resolved
- Reviews data integrity reports for discrepancies and works with buyers to make corrections.
- Works directly with existing vendors to request paperwork renewals for letters of guarantee, certificate of insurance and HACCP plan.
- Process Chef Zone Transfers and Will Call orders.
- Updates Chef Zone buying standard operating procedures as needed.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing correspondence, filling vendor proposals, certifications, bids and support documents.
- Accurate and efficient processing of time sensitive orders.
- Pleasant daily communication with ChefZone members by phone and in person.
- Has a working understanding of items carried by ChefZone.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- One to two years of experience in a business related field. Foodservice industry a plus.
- Must be able to perform basic to moderately difficult mathematical functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averaging and percentages.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to be organized, multi-tasked, and be very flexible with changing priorities.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2888 Ualena St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA