CORP EXECUTIVE CHEF
Position Summary Description:
This position is the lead for the Y. Hata Culinary Team with the Marketing Department. In collaboration with other departments, the Corporate Executive Chef (Chef) serves as a key individual in customer-facing and other external endeavors. The Chef shall partner with individuals in Category Management, Business Development, and Sales teams to create customer solutions in areas such as plate presentations, special functions, menu planning, and training in sanitation & food safety, as well as other culinary training functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has ability to be customer focused – both external and internal, delivering customer-centric solutions, while identifying opportunities
- Instructs cooks and/or interns in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Responsible for assisting in development of Y. Hata proprietary private label products.
- Collaborates with Category Managers, Business Development, and Sales teams to create dishes to promote new products and/or support current customers.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Assists in areas such as plate presentations, special functions, and menu planning. Has ability to break-down menu costing and menu engineering with customers.
- Take on primary role in Business Development Business Reviews for our customers – presenting dishes, integrating various items, providing insight on how customers can save, yet elevate solutions.
- Plays a key role in Y. Hata food shows.
- Responsible for organization, cleanliness, sanitation of Y. Hata culinary kitchens.
- Ensures accountability – following through on commitments and acts with clear ownership
- Is Action Oriented – taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Manages ambiguity & complexity - even when things are not clear and can handle uncertainty of change and manages risk in a calm productive manner.
- Applies culinary knowledge into the business and assist our customers’ business and marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Represents Y. Hata at various industry events statewide and potentially beyond.
- Is available as a resource for the ChefZone team members and customers to culinary questions and product opinions.
- Is comfortable in front of a camera – representing Y. Hata in videos and demonstrations.
- Travel to neighbor islands and the continental US.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position may supervise 1-2 additional chefs in the Culinary Team.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, Nutrition, or related field and/or
- Seven to ten years of progressive culinary and/or nutrition experience. Experience in a food service distributor highly preferred.
- ServSafe certification is required. Certification as a ServeSave instructor is highly desirable.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external associates in an effective, professional, and persuasive manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to be organized, multi-tasked, and be very flexible with changing priorities.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA