CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER CHEFZONE
Position Summary Description:
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for improving and ensuring a great customer service experience. The CSM will work closely with the managers to ensure the store is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion at all times. The CSM is responsible for ensuring the training supervision and providing constructive discipline for all customer service associates. This position works closely with all CZ management and staff to ensure store efficiency, availability of quality products, excellent customer service and high staff morale. Additionally, the CSM must be capable of mastering priorities and possess excellent organizational skills. All management and staff will work together to uphold the mission of ChefZone as well as the Y. Hata values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model excellent customer service for staff and provide excellent internal service to staff, peers and CZ customers.
- Ensure department employees provide excellent customer service and receive appropriate CS training.
- Answer customer comments in a timely manner, the target is to ensure excellent customer service standards leading to high customer satisfaction.
- Explain store policies and procedures clearly, completely and concisely to customers, staff members, vendors.
- Know store layout and be aware and knowledgeable about products in other departments.
- Ensure all daily POS reconciliation is accurate and forwarded to accounting.
- Participate in the development and long-term strategic planning for labor, sales and margin goals.
- Meet labor, sales and margin goals determined in conjunction with the Assistant General Manager.
- Assist in maintaining a pricing structure that meets budget goals.
- Maintain working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales number and financial goals.
- Assist in maintaining accurate PLU’s and prices in POS system.
- Communicate relevant sales, margin and labor goals to staff on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in management and other planned meetings.
- Represent the management team as “One Voice” and honor decisions after they have been made.
- Work with management team as appropriate to routinely evaluate and improve product mix and pricing of products.
- Respond to challenging situations in a positive and professional manner including proposing new ideas or making improvements.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers, supervisors, staff and/or outside contacts in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Model supportive leadership qualities that motivate staff to achieve department goals, promote staff participation and team building.
- Complete goals and tasks in a timely manner.
- Follow health and safety rules appropriate to the department.
- Supervise all department staff, including hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating performance.
- Actively address performance and personnel issues in a timely manner.
- Work with managers and team members to develop goals, standards and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a clear chain of accountability and responsibility among all department staff and organize a department communication system that encourages staff participation and mentoring.
- Organize and facilitate regular team huddles.
- Follow good documentation practices.
- Develop and maintain useful departmental training materials and provide follow-up training to ensure that standards are met uniformly by all staff.
Merchandising and Product Management
- Work with management team to establish department merchandising, product selection. criteria, category management, shelf set display, signage and promotional activity.
- Work with marketing to ensure that the department has attractive, informative signage.
- Conduct periodic price comparisons with other stores.
- Oversee and/or participate in periodic inventory counts.
- Work with department manager by ensuring all mark-down items are captured in the POS as needed to reduce losses.
- Ensure displays and signage are aesthetically appealing and accurate.
- Oversee all day to day operations for the department.
- Ensure that equipment i.e. POS etc. is properly maintained and serviced.
- Work with respective department managers to ensure that store display units, coolers, work areas, storage areas, sales floor and store entrance/exit are in clean and orderly condition.
- Work with respective department managers to ensure that PLUs and prices are maintained in the Scales and POS system.
- Work with respective department managers to ensure that proper signage is in place.
- Work with department managers to ensure that products meet CZ guidelines for sale, i.e. UPC scans, product labels affixed etc.
- When applicable work with FMR to ensure order guides are created and maintained.
- Be able to explain membership systems simply, efficiently and completely.
- Keep leads informed of any problems and/or ideas.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and communicate pertinent product information to team.
- Oversee and assist with implementing special order systems as needed.
- Work with respective department managers in meeting company HACCP and Food Safety goals and conducting monthly inspections.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Customer Service Associates, Customer Service Associate Leads
Education/Training and Experience:
- Five years’ experience in food service and customer service, including three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must exercise good judgment in anticipating customer’s need and in problem solving.
- Must have ability to calmly and effectively handle employee disputes, operational concerns, and order/delivery discrepancies.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2888 Ualena St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA