Position Summary Description:
The Facility & Maintenance Manager position was created for the purpose of planning, organizing and directing the maintenance, repair and alteration of Company buildings, equipment and grounds. Ensures that all Company assets are cataloged, maintained in safe operating condition, and are budgeted for replacement prior to or at the end of their operational life. Ensures construction projects, maintenance and repairs are made timely, efficiently, and within budgetary guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve Company and/or Department objectives.
- Responsible for cataloging all Company assets in order to create and maintain preventative maintenance and/or replacement schedule.
- Develops long and short-range maintenance plans or programs to ensure buildings and equipment are in operational order.
- Oversees projects (ie. repairs, new construction, rack realignment, PM’s, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion within established time frames, project design, and budget.
- Supervise the maintenance team.
- Where appropriate, recommend and negotiate with 3rd party vendors for services that are more efficiently performed by outside contractors.
- Inspect building structures at least annually to determine the need for repairs and/or renovations.
- Prepare an annual CAPEX budget for new equipment and/or items that have reached their end of life.
- Approve and signoff on facility and maintenance expenditures.
- Review, oversee and control activities such as utilities (electricity, water, etc.), waste disposal, PV output & performance, and generator performance.
- Researches new products, laws, regulations, etc., for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts, and maintaining Company facilities and equipment.
- Handle property insurance claims.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Presents information for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback, and ensuring adherence to established controls.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of learning, conveying and/or gathering information required to perform the duties of the position.
- Works with the Company Safety Coordinator to ensure all work performed and equipment used meets or exceeds OSHA standards.
- Prepares RFP’s for all 3rd party contracts.
- Reviews contractors performance and quality of work.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or
- Four of more years in a similar or related field with progressive steps of responsibility.
- Continuing education as needed to remain current on regulations, products, and work methods.
- Strong understanding of desktop operating systems to include:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Auto CAD
- Facility/asset management systems
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA