CDL DRIVER A/B
Starting pay for CDL A driver is $23/hr. Years of driving experience will be taken into consideration. You will also have an opportunity to earn weekly bonuses based on performance!
Position Summary Description:
Drives refrigerated truck over established route to deliver grocery products into customer establishments. Responsible for collecting payments from customers, order discrepancy reporting, customer complaint resolution, and daily truck inspection and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates delivery vehicles to deliver food items, beverages, paper products, and cleaning supplies to customer’s place of business.
- Unloads products from delivery vehicles using a pallet truck, cart, or hand truck, and places stock on customer’s shelves or racks.
- Preserves product quality and minimizes damages during delivery.
- Collects checks from customers and records transactions on customer receipt and delivery records.
- Writes and reports any damages or discrepancies in orders delivered.
- Collects or picks up empty containers, pallets or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Performs daily inspection of truck and general maintenance, including fueling and cleaning.
- Adheres to all Federal and State driver guidelines.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Two years of delivery route experience.
- Possess familiarity with local roadways and townships within the route area.
- One year experience of distribution or warehouse experience, preferably in food service.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with route customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must have the ability to calmly and efficiently handle customer complaints, order discrepancies, and picking/loading errors.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A).
- Must possess a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate (PUC Card).
- Must possess a clean driver’s history*.
- Must be able to successfully complete in-house forklift certification test.
- Frequently required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
* CDL Driver applicants are required to submit a copy of their Driver History Record along with their application. Driver History Record must have been issued within the past 30 days from date of application. Applications will not be considered without this form.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Function Safety-sensitive
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2975 Aukele St, Lihue, HI 96766, USA