Position Summary Description:
Utilizes Roadnet/Mobilcast and related software to maximize the performance of transportation personnel and equipment. Assigns delivery personnel & equipment to the various routes on a daily basis or as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns transportation personnel and equipment to the various routes on a daily basis or as needed.
- Communicates with drivers on any last minute changes to routes.
- Monitors driver’s delivery status and informs Customer Service and Sales of any variances.
- Works with the Sales department, Customer Service and Operations Management to maximize our delivery performance to our best customers.
- Schedules maintenance and repairs of vehicles with outside vendors as needed.
- Places service calls to Penske for disabled trucks.
- Communicates internally with other departments on daily issues that arise.
- Adheres to all Federal and State driver guidelines.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year experience of distribution or warehouse experience, preferably in food service.
- Must possess a Driver’s License. CDL Class A or B preferred but not required.
- Must possess a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate (PUC Card).
- Must possess a clean driver’s history.
- Must be able to successfully complete in-house forklift certification test.
* Driver applicants are required to submit a copy of their Driver History Record along with their application. Driver History Record must have been issued within the past 30 days from date of application. Applications will not be considered without this form.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA