GLOBAL CATEGORY MANAGER - CENTER OF PLATE/PROTEIN/JIT
Position Summary Description:
Responsible for all product acquisition, merchandising, rationalization efforts, and marketing plans and functions for his/her product category and assigned vendors and ensuring we are growing the category within our customer base.
The areas are:
- Center of Plate/Protein/JIT
- Grocery/Frozen Foods
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Life Cycle Management
- Work in support/unison of maximizing opportunities to convert IMA E-Brand items to include like items for additional conversion and SKU rationalization.
- Monitoring of commodity items for recommendation to buy-in in anticipation of price increase and/or supply availability.
- Responsible for negotiating the lowest possible landed cost, cash discounts, price deviations, freight savings and local marketing income.
- Responsible to manage for depletion any dormant/discontinued items with minimal financial impact to company.
- Responsible for reviewing new, primary, and consolidating existing items/vendors within assigned categories.
Merchandising and Marketing
- Responsible for sales growth, customer trends, food safety, and product knowledge expertise within assigned categories.
- Responsible for merchandising the assigned categories at food shows, sales meetings, and individual customer presentations.
- Responsible for product education and providing information for customers and salespeople.
- Responsible for communicating item/vendor changes to salespeople and directly affected customers.
- Responsible for providing material for monthly customer marketing, promotions, including coupons, deals, line changes, etc. for assigned categories.
- Responsible for guiding the vendor show displays at all customer facing events to ensure the best experience possible.
- Responsible for working with the account managers and key customers directly to select and promote items/vendors within assigned categories.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts, bids, rebates etc. for high volume items for individual customers.
- Responsible for working with the account managers and directly with new customers to determine correct price/value selections, in assigned categories, with new primary supply accounts.
- Responsible for sample management.
As a Global Category Manager, you are tasked to support and assist in the training of account managers, buyers, info central sales support representatives as well as your fellow category manager colleagues.
- Position may have supervisory responsibilities depending on the product category.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or related field.
- At minimum, 5 years of progressive purchasing experience. Food service experience highly preferred.
- Must possess a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external associates in an effective, professional and persuasive manner.
- Ability to be organized, multi-tasked, and be very flexible with changing priorities.
- Uses common sense in problem solving and decision-making.
- Must have excellent judgment in all matters related to this position.
- Knowledge and experience in Center of Plate/Protein/JIT as pre-requisite.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA