OPERATIONS MANAGER CHEFZONE
Position Summary Description:
Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall warehouse operations. Performs all management functions and activities; coordinates the activities of supervisors and workers concerned with flow of product through receiving, stocking, replenishing, slotting, inventory, and order selection. Manages overall facility, including Day Operations, Night Operations, transportation, maintenance, sanitation, and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and inspects physical conditions of facility and equipment used in all operations and maintenance. Upkeeps records and files for PMs and schedules with all vendors accordingly.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current; coordinates activities between all supporting departments at Y. Hata & Co., Ltd.
- Able to analyze reports, identifying and maximizing potential areas of improvement, contributing positively to sales and margin growth.
- Manage and motivate staff, recruit, train, and develop staff, according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc).
- HAACP Compliance/FS Training/Safety- Compliant with HAACP Plan guidelines and protocols; Displays GMP including receiving, storing, presentation of products.
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation, protect, and develop the company's brands via suitable PR activities and intellectual property management.
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure the employees also provide the same level of service; Establishes and maintains customer relationships to accommodate both product and service needs.
- Partner with the Merchandising Manager to execute on merchandising schedules and initiatives such as product rotations, displays, and promotions.
- Monitor the Daily Shortage Report for items that are out of stock and is proactive with purchasing and receiving to facilitate replenishing those items.
- Supports inter-department communication and plays an integral role with Purchasing, Marketing, Merchandising, directives.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Produce Specialist, Department Managers and Leads, Night Operations, Receiving, Inventory, and Delivery Drivers.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or
- Ten years of distribution or warehouse experience, including three years in a supervisory capacity. Foodservice experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must exercise good judgment in anticipating customer’s need and in problem solving.
- Must be able to analyze data and draw conclusive statements about information that appears to be beyond normal operating activity.
- Must understand interdepartmental consequences of all decisions and actions related to this function.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2888 Ualena St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA